The UCD Athletic Union Council (AUC) Sports Awards were announced in May. The event recognised UCD sportswomen and men, who through their achievements, have brought prestige and honour to their clubs and to the University this year.
- Ireland and UCD Athlete Darragh McElhinney was named the “Dr Tony O’Neill Sportsperson of the Year”
- The Soccer Club’s first team squad was named “Elite Team of the Year”
- The Ladies and Men’s Boat Clubs were named “Elite Club of the Year”.
Other award winners included:
- The Ladies Tennis team, named “Varsity Team of the Year”
- The Trampoline Club, named “Varsity Club of the Year”
- The “David O’Connor Memorial Medal”, was presented to soccer player, coach and administrator Ross Bernie
- The “Dr Padraic Conway Memorial Medal”, presented to the Gaelic Football Club’s Gary O’Rourke
- “The Gerry Horkan Club Administrator of the Year”, presented to Tim Gilsenan of the Rugby Club
- The Ladies Boat Club coach Tom Sullivan, the recipient of the “Graduate of the Year”
- The Trampoline Club recipients of the “Club Inclusion Award” for initiatives to recruit, retain and integrate members
- The Tennis Club, which won the “Event of the Year Award” for their organisation of University Championships.